Social Media Marketing is a key part of marketing. Most people are connected via Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram. Having a Social Media presence creates brand trust for your business by allowing the community or consumers to connect personally with your business, values, products, and goals.
If you own a business in Orlando Florida, you have an advantage when it comes to Social Media Marketing. Why? Because Orlando is a popular city due to the high population, defined business district, and appealing tourist destinations. How does this benefit your business when marketing on social media?
- High population: Orlando has approximately 2.52 million people living within it. If you are a local business, that is a huge consumer pool to narrow down to a healthy sized target audience. A target market is important for social media marketing. Without an affective one, you can waste your marketing budget completely. Another consideration is the diversity of the Orlando population. Orlando has a spanning variety of social media users with many variations of targetable demographics and interests. This is a big deal when you consider that for smaller cities, narrowing down an audience may mean you end up with only 100’s of people seeing your ad instead of 100,000.
- Hashtag Usage: Hashtags are an added bonus for those marketing in Orlando on social media. #Orlando, #OrlandoBusiness, and more locally used hashtags has a prominent following on social media. Hashtags can be used as a form of “free” marketing when included in a post made on any social media platform, but they are most poplar on Instagram. Users who search or follow a specific hashtag may see your post if the text includes the hashtag. Hashtags are not suggested as a “stand-alone” marketing method, but they can be beneficial, and don’t dip into your marketing budget.
- The “Districts”: Orlando has an established downtown business district, as well as an industrial district, and several defined tourist areas. This is a huge benefit when considered within your social media marketing strategy. Each of these areas can be specifically targeted. On Facebook for instance, if you sell business insurance, you could specifically target social media users who are located in the business district. If you sell vacation properties, you can target people who are visiting the tourist areas and are at least 100 miles from their home. Being able to target in this way highly increases your ad engagement and effectiveness.
- Tourism: If you have a business that provides products or services worldwide, then Orlando is a great spot to have your home location. Orlando is built for tourism. Florida had 95.8 million visitors from January through September in 2018. This tourism gives your business the opportunity to connect to worldwide consumers personally. Because you can specifically market to people visiting the Orlando area, you have an advantage over the competition who are not located in highly traveled destinations. This is especially true for businesses that sell products locally and online. People are more likely to buy from a business they have had personal experience with than a random online business.
The other part of social media marketing is the marketing itself. Having all these benefits don’t help if they are used in inadequate marketing. Social media marketing is far more than posts to Facebook or a well organized Instagram feed. Most people think that it is as simple as setting up a page and the followers and likes roll in. This is completely unrealistic. You do not go from 100 to 100k followers in a week. The average business account gets 5 to 10 new likes/followers per week, when they post the correct content. Followers and likes are great because they give you a “free” audience to market to, but in social media marketing, this is not where most sales come from.
Most conversions come from paid ads on social media, and any marketing plan should include the implementation of paid ads.
Paid ads come with multiple objectives, based on which social media platform you are using. There are a few things you should understand before trying to do your own social media marketing, or meeting with an Orlando social media marketing agency.
- Facebook Boosting is not the same as an ad: When you make a post, Facebook often sends you a notification that you can boost your post to reach more people. Boosting a post means that Facebook will show the post to people who are outside of your group of followers on your page. This sounds good, but it is relatively pointless if you use the automatic recommendations. In most cases it is much less effective to boost a post than to run an ad. They are two completely different things. Ads allow you more options to target, pick your objective, and modify placements (where your ad will be shown). A good marketer will rarely use post boosting in most cases.
- Instagram Promotions: Instagram promotions are the same as boosting a Facebook post, technically. The difference is that Instagram is more of a visual venue. Promoting a post on Instagram can be beneficial if you are looking for new followers or likes on a particular post, but you cannot promote posts that have products tagged. This means that to buy your product, the user would have to see your post, click to see your profile, then find your link in your bio to visit your site and search for the product. Most marketing companies use Instagram promotions strictly for brand awareness, unless you offer a service or one product.
- Paid Marketing: Paid ads are those you see on your social media feeds that say “sponsored”. Facebook offers many options for ad creation, including “automatic” tools, such as placements and quick ad creation. These are usually a waste of time and budget. Many people try to do their own social media marketing using the automatic tools and recommendations and horribly fail. This leaves them with a bad impression of social media marketing all together. If you are going to try to market on your own, avoid the automatic tools. If you decide to hire a professional, they will likely construct goal specific ads that are targeted to reach a broad audience. They use the first data collected to build a more specific audience which increases the effectiveness of the ad to reach your selected goal. Social media marketing involves constant monitoring and adjustments.
Social media marketing in Orlando provides a unique advantage, and when done correctly, your business can use social media to grow and flourish.
Here at Website Marketing Company, we use our extensive experience in social media marketing to create and implement successful strategies for each business we serve. We use a mixture of multi-level campaigns and flex target marketing to create ads geared towards your goals. Contact us if you would like a free evaluation of your current social media marketing strategy, with absolutely no obligation. We are located in beautiful Downtown Orlando.
With over 15 years of marketing experience I have helped over 1,000 businesses amplify their customer base. I have spent the man hours to make sure every one of my clients have had a positive experience. I take the time to sit and get to know every company I work with on a personal level. I started this company to put qualified leads in front of the companies who are looking for them. The Website Marketing Company headquarters in Orlando, FL. 32803 services clients across the country.
About us and this blog
We are an Orlando Florida marketing agency with a focus on helping our customers achieve great results across several key areas.We work with clients across the country.
Request a free quote
We offer professional Orlando SEO, PPC, and Social Media services that help websites increase their organic traffic drastically in order to compete for the highest rankings even when it comes to highly competitive keywords.